Monday, November 9, 2009

A Little German

I'm still feeling enthusiastic about my eating plan...of course, I'm only a day into it! And I haven't stopped looking at cookbooks, so I inevitably see things I'd love to make. But I still ate quite well.

Lunch:


Rotelle pasta salad with olives and red onions. And butternut squash sauteed with onion and chilies. Yum! I still have three whole squashes left, so be on the lookout for some more squash concoctions coming your way!

And dinner:

The sauerkraut is homemade by my grandparents, and absolutely delicious! And then potato pancakes. One of my top ways of eating pancakes. I added some grated beet in with the potatoes so my meal wouldn't be monochromatic! With a beer, very much the German theme for dinner. Of course, it's not a true German meal as it's lacking sausages or pork of some kind...but I didn't have any on hand! That's one thing you'll notice over the next two weeks...not much meat! I think it will actually be kind of hard for me. Meat isn't my favorite thing to cook, but I do like eating it!



No comments: