Thursday, November 12, 2009

Company.

Last night I had a (male) friend for dinner, someone whom I know appreciates meat. But I also knew I couldn't go out and buy any. Thankfully, I had a roast in the freezer. And there are few things I love more than beef braised in red wine and tomato. Served with mashed potatoes and carrots. So delish. And so fun to offer a nice meal to a friend.



After dinner, we went to Evensong at St. Stephen's, which is so peaceful and precious. Many of the songs we sang just reminded me how I can rely on God. I hope he shows me this more and more.


And tonight has been low-key. I've been pretty tired--fell asleep after work--so although I haven't felt cooking much (plus, I have so many leftovers lying around!), I needed something comforting. Bok choy with sauteed with chile does it for me.

No comments: