Tuesday, December 5, 2006

A Poetry Reading


I must admit, I've been a bit lax in the schoolwork area of my life lately. All of a sudden, I find so much to do, and wonder how it will ever be accomplished. Nevertheless, I never fully regret the things I do instead of the work. Yesterday, this consisted in large part of baking cookies for a poetry reading put on by the Echo, and then reading my poetry there as well. Two opportunities for creativity, culinary and literary.

What could be better, really? When I find myself at the front of a wood-panelled room, filled with 50 people eating cookies, all rapt and at attention as I read...well, that is life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum!!! Those cookies look so good! And I was just sitting here thinking about you and was so happy to read your blog! The poetry reading, scripture reading...wish I could of heard it all!

Anonymous said...

The cookies were good.

Anonymous said...

hmmm that yellow notebook looks strangely familiar.....seems as if i've seen it sitting in my room before........