Monday, July 28, 2008

Sailing

Saturday was the perfect day to go for a sail. I feel lucky that living in Pennsylvania I was able to do this, but there's a great state park nearby with a glorious lake for sailing. I hadn't sailed since I was about 13 and did a sailing camp with my friend who'd moved to Florida. I didn't really remember any of the necessary skills, which was perfectly alright, as it wasn't my boat and I wasn't in charge. Just along for the ride. In my opinion, that's the best way to sail. I don't feel the need to learn how to do it for myself. I was content just lay at the front of the boat and look up at the beautiful sails on our boat. We were definitely the best dressed boat out there that day.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I sailed once and really enjoyed it. I probably sailed on the same lake where you sailed. Months earlier, I toured the lake on a pontoon boat. Both times I spent the hours with a different girl who once meant something to me. Like you, I never tied the sail or turned the rudder, though I would have had I known how. "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."