Thursday, June 5, 2008

L'Arancia

I confess to being a sporadic blogger, a fact which needs no confession--it should be clear to anyone upon glancing at the frequency of previous entries. I would like to change that. My inspiration for this blog, was of course the fabulous yarnstorm, and though I will never reach such blogging mastery, I would like to try a little harder. Tonight I was inspired by a friend who began a blog and shared it with me. It was such a dear experience and entry into part of his life, that I would like to provide the same for others.





I actually took these pictures a bit ago with intent of sharing them here. One of the great joys of summer--life, really--is food. How refreshing for me especially after years of cafeteria cooking. Now I can choose what I eat. Recently, this choice led to oranges. But not just any old oranges. The day before I took these pictures, I was making cookies with my Italian grandma and her sister. Interspersed with singing along in Latin to Andrea Bocelli, they talked, talked, talked. My grandma spoke of eating an orange just this way--with olive oil and mint. Since I have an abundance of mint, I decided to give it a try. Pure bliss. Especially with a glass of vino rosso. Always perfect.




Of course, I can't wait to see blood oranges in the market again...

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I've never inspired anybody before, so I feel honored to have inspired you. And likewise, I continue my blog with renewed vigor.

Your taste is fancier than mine. Yesterday, I forgot about lunch, walked into the kitchen and ate a Suzy Q (icing between two slabs of chocolate cake, all soaked in preservative). I regretted it after the first bite.